The Desert Cities Association of Health Underwriters (DCAHU) was officially formed as a separate local chapter of NAHU in 2009 by a dedicated group of professionals determined to bring the benefits of the industry's premier agents' trade association to the health insurance agents and brokers in the low desert and the Coachella Valley, as well as all of Riverside County. However, since 1998, there has been a local desert group of Health Underwriters functioning as a satellite chapter of IEAHU (Inland Empire AHU) , with its own board of directors and local meetings and events in the Coachella Valley. And in 2009, this dedicated group of health insurance and brokers evolved into is own desert chapter of NAHU.
DCAHU now boasts a membership of some 70 agents, brokers, and industry representatives. DCAHU is one of 15 local chapters in the state of California, and across the nation. There is a CA state chapter - CAHU (California Association of Health Underwriters), and all local and state chapters in the country comprise the membership in our national organization - NAHU (National Association of Health Underwriters). NAHU has over 20,000 members and was formed back in 1930! Thus all DCAHU members are also members of CAHU and NAHU automatically.
Our goal is that every Californian will continue to have access to private sector solutions for health, financial and retirement security and the services of insurance professionals.
Our philosophy is to build a foundation of values which advocates fair and ethical industry practices with excellence and integrity. To promote and support the community of health insurance professionals, to educate themselves and the public and influence Legislation to promote quality health care.
Since its 2009 inception, the Desert Cities Association of Health Underwriters exudes a dynamic energy and an unswerving commitment to excellence that is expected to bring the chapter both statewide as well as national recognition in the future.
The Desert Cities Association of Health Underwriters is honored to support the professional health insurance agents and brokers, and industry representatives of Riverside County. We are single-mindedly dedicated to preserving California's private, market-based healthcare system, and to promoting the agent's vital role in that system.
Code of Ethics
- To hold the selling, service and distribution of disability insurance and health insurance plans as a Professional and a public trust and to do all in my power to maintain its prestige.
- To keep paramount the needs of those whom I serve.
- To respect my clients' trust in me, and to never do anything which would betray their trust or confidence.
- To give all service possible when service is needed.
- To present policies factually and accurately, providing all information necessary for the issuance of sound insurance coverage to the public I serve.
- To use no advertising which may be false or misleading.
- To consider the sale of disability income and health insurance plans as a career, to know and abide by the insurance laws of my state, and to seek to constantly increase my knowledge and improve my ability to meet the needs of my clients.
- To be fair and just to my competitors, and to engage in no practices that may reflect unfavorably on myself or my industry.
- To treat prospects, clients and companies fairly by submitting applications that reveal all available information pertinent to underwriting a policy.
- To extend honest and professional conduct to my clients, associates, fellow agents and brokers, and the company or companies whose products I represent.
Membership in DCAHU brings you many benefits
Mandated health benefits. Medical coverage for the uninsurable. Legislative health insurance reforms. Continuing education requirements. New Products. Changing markets. Due diligence. Alternative marketing approaches. These are just a few of the critical issues facing every health insurance professional seeking to succeed in today's competitive market - and your participation in DCAHU and our events will greatly assist you in tracking these issues.
So go ahead and check out the CALENDAR page of this website and see what we have planned for you. We invite you to attend our next event and discover what makes DCAHU one of the finest agents' associations in the nation!
Then we invite you to examine our MEMBERSHIP page of this website and learn about the many, many benefits you will derive from joining the Desert Cities Association of Health Underwriters.